2012 parliamentary election will mark being at an important crossroads for our country – establishment of a genuine multi-party democracy should launch after these elections. This is a choice between freedom and dictatorship; justice and injustice; Euro-Atlantic integration and international isolation. Victory of the Georgian people over politically and morally bankrupt ruling regime, which is today only struggling to maintain its power, is necessary in the 2012 parliamentary elections in order for Georgia to survive and establish itself as a modern democracy.
The coalition Georgian Dream has been established just for that victory. The coalition unites political forces, which are united based on the principles of freedom and democracy and express goals of society’s majority.
After coming into power through expression of people’s free will the Georgian Dream will:
1. end authoritarian rule and messianic politics in Georgia, for which it will develop institutions based on liberal-democratic values, overcome the legacy of civil confrontation and strengthen the national accord.
2. establish a balanced model of government branches, a genuine self-governance and a multi-party political system, for which it will implement a constitution reform through active participation of the public.
3. ensure strengthening of the country’s security and regional positions, for which it will deepen integration with the European Union and NATO and participate in economic and peacekeeping processes of regional scale.
4. start and make the country’s reunification process irreversible, for which it will find the ways for dialogue with Abkhazians and Ossetians and will achieve concrete results in negotiations with Russia with the support of the international community;
5. establish electoral democracy; a tradition of accountability and change of government through elections, for which it will strengthen the opposition’s role in the process of governance; protect media freedoms and encourage civil initiatives;
6. ensure inviolability of constitutional rights of citizens, inevitability of punishment for crimes and inadmissibility of political persecutions, for which it will establish the rule of law and will set free the judiciary and law enforcement agencies from political pressure;
7. not allow merger of governing parties with the state institutions, for which it will set free the public agencies from the press of ruling force and separate them from party interests;
8. overcome unemployment and poverty, create wealthy and welfare conditions for skillful and labor capable citizens, for which it will develop small and medium business and agriculture; protect private property and labor rights and ensure the country’s integration into the world economic system;
9. introduce quality and affordable education and healthcare systems, for which it will implement citizen-oriented, well-thought reforms;
10. create dignified living conditions for citizens incapable of work, for which it will establish safe social environment and develop system of social solidarity;
11. promote the formation of diverse unity of Georgian citizens – Georgian civil society, for which it will protect the rights of ethnic and religious minorities and foster their integration into public life;
12. take care of the country’s cultural heritage and promote the educational and social-economic modernization through which it will overcome the trend of blind imitation, on the one hand, and pseudo-patriotic insularity, on the other.
For strong, democratic, united Georgia
February 21, 2012
Civil.Ge © 2001-2019