The board of trustees of the Georgian Public Broadcaster (GPB) has shortlisted eight out of 32 competing for the station's general director’s position.
The list includes:
- Zviad Koridze, a journalist, who received seven votes from the nine-member board of trustees;
- Genadi Uchumbegashvili, an executive director of Internews Georgia – seven votes;
- Paata Natsvlishvili – seven votes;
- Giorgi Chanturia – six votes;
- Ketevan Galdavadze – six votes;
- Dodo Shonava, a journalist and former employee of the GPB – six votes;
- Zurab Magalashvili – five votes;
- Levan Kubaneishvili, head of the TBC TV production studio – five votes.
The board of trustees said it would have televised debates between the shortlisted candidates. The board has to appoint the new director general no later than April 4.