73 people were hospitalized with poisoning after chlorine leak in Tbilisi suburb late on July 3.
34 people, including at least eleven children, remained in hospital as of noon on Wednesday. An 18-year-old man is in critical condition, according to doctors.
Officials said leak in Lilo neighborhood was caused by malfunctioned tap on a tank containing chlorine, owned by Kristali, a contractor firm of a water utility company. An investigation has been opened into the case and the firm’s executives from Kristali were reportedly summoned for interrogation.
Environment Minister Goga Khachidze said on July 4, that the leak no longer posed threat to people or environment.