Tbilisi and Tskhinvali have accused each other of opening fire first late on July 29.
The South Ossetian side has claimed that the Georgian side was the first to open fire, including with mortars, attacking the South Ossetian villages of Sarabuki and Tliakana.
One person was injured in the attack, according to the South Ossetian Press and Information Committee.
The Georgian side, however, has claimed that its post on the Sarabuki height again came under fire at about 10pm local time. It said a similar attack was carried out a day earlier. Mamuka Kurashvili, an official from the Georgian Defense Ministry in charge of overseeing peacekeeping operations, said that the Georgian side had been forced to return fire.